Benalex Media Ltd (ICO registration no A8155379)
We take your privacy very seriously. This Privacy Notice is intended to set out your rights and answer any queries you may have on how Benalex Media Ltd collects and uses your personal data. If you need more information, please contact: [email protected]
BENALEX MEDIA LTD will be your data controller and will be the company to which you provide your consent for the processing of your personal data unless we inform you otherwise during the initial enquiries/casting/recruitment process, etc.
Our personal information handling policy and procedures have been developed in line with the requirements of the 1995 European Union Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/46/EC) and the General Data Protection Regulation (in force from 25 May 2018) and applicable national law.
1. What information do we collect and process?
collect and process personal data about you when you apply for a role in our
production or wish to engage our service for marketing/publicity/production or
you seek to provide a service to Benalex Media Ltd.
The personal data we process includes:
- your name, home and/or work address, email address and/or phone numbers;
- your date of birth, marital status, nationality and National Insurance number (where you provide this to us);
- your educational and employment history;
- other information contained within your CV or other documents or information you submit to us;
- information from the selection process, if any;
- references and assessments relating to your work for previous employers;
- medical and financial information (where you provide this to us);
- information to confirm your identity and right to work, such as a copy of your passport;
- DBS/details of any unspent criminal convictions; and
- information relating to your feedback on our organisation.
- Where required, information relating to your ethnicity, gender, nationality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and other diversity-related information.
2. What is the source of this information?
We obtain this information directly from you, our personnel, through our systems and equipment, as well as from third parties such as recruitment/crew/casting agencies, background checking companies or former employers. We may also obtain it from your public profiles available online.
3. How do we use this information and what is the legal basis for this use?
- We process your personal data listed in paragraph 1 above for the following purposes
to enable us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
to make recruitment decisions;
to prevent and detect fraud and other wrongdoing;
to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and obligations
to manage risk
- to establish, enter into a contract and fulfil contractual obligation with you and are unable to do so without it;
- To comply with applicable law and regulation; for example Health and Safety Legislation, etc
- in accordance with our legitimate interests in protecting Benalex Media legitimate business interests and legal rights, including but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with the legal process or litigation);
- with your express consent to respond to any comments or complaints we may receive from or about you, and/or in accordance with our legitimate interests including to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about Benalex Media Ltd or our staff or services;
- we may use information you provide to personalise (i) our communications to you; (ii) Benalex Media Ltd service specifications; and (iii) services from you, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- to monitor use of our services. We may use your information to help us check, improve and protect our services, in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- we may monitor the information we hold for you on our filing system to prevent, investigate and/or report crime, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents, in accordance with applicable law and our legitimate interests;
4. With whom and where will we share your personal data?
We may share your personal data for
the purposes of intra-group administration. We may also share your personal
data with our professional advisors such as our accountants/auditors and
external legal and financial advisors.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if mandated by law or if needed for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with service contracts and applicable laws. Personal data may also be shared with third party service providers who will process it on behalf of BENALEX MEDIA LTD for the purposes above. In the event that any part of our business is sold or integrated with another business, your details may be disclosed to our advisors and those of any prospective purchaser and would be passed to the new owners of the business.
5. How long will you keep my personal data?
We will not keep your personal information for longer than is necessary and will only retain the personal information that is necessary to fulfil the purpose. We are also required to retain certain information by law or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
We will keep the personal data connected to your job application (including any interview records) for 6 months from the date of their creation by BENALEX MEDIA LTD or receipt from you. If your application is successful and you become a member of staff we will provide you with a copy of the Staff Privacy Notice. The retention periods referred to therein will apply to your personal data during your employment.
- Some data may be held for up to 6 years in line with the statute of limitations
6. Where is my data stored?
The personal data that we collect from you will be stored in our offices and/or on a secure cloud system. The personal data may be transferred to, and stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff or agents operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers or contractors, in which case the other country's data protection laws will have been approved as adequate by the European Commission or other applicable safeguards are in place. Further information may be obtained from our Privacy Team.
7. What are my rights in relation to my personal data?
Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct or supplement it.
You also have the right, with some exceptions, to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you.
Where you have provided your data to us and it is processed by automated means, you may be able to request that we provide it to you in a structured, machine readable format.
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you may be able to ask us to restrict how we use your personal data while your complaint is resolved. In some circumstances you can ask us to erase your personal data (a) by withdrawing your consent for us to use it; (b) if it is no longer necessary for us to use your personal data; (c) you object to the use of your personal data and we don't have a good reason to continue to use it; or (d) we haven't handled your personal data in accordance with our obligations.
8. Where can i find more information about BENALEX MEDIA LTD's handling of my data?
Should you have any queries regarding this Privacy Notice, about BENALEX MEDIA LTD's processing of your personal data or wish to exercise your rights you can contact BENALEX MEDIA LTD’s Privacy Team using this email [email protected] If you are not happy with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office: https://ico.org.uk/